Search This Blog

Sunday, June 21, 2015

It's like I can see Seattle

It's happening. It's really actually completely in real life happening. I'm in Spokane. Spokane! It's like Seattle is just over the horizon! This is the last state. I'm in Washington. The last final pushes! There's only one hill left, Snoqualmie, and I'm not worried in the least. I have less than 300 miles to ride to Seattle. I could walk that if I had to. It's going to put it right at about 3,000 miles in 7 weeks of riding through 13 states, East coast to West coast. Me and Stumbles' first time touring. Am I ready for it to be over? Maybe. My ass is still sore, but I'm excited. That's a good word for it, I'm excited. I can already tell I'll look back on this and remember what it was like to wake up every morning with the sole purpose of consuming food and riding a bicycle, West, into the wind. There's just something about the simplicity of these trips that really appeals to me. No worries, just go in a direction. It's a beautiful way to do something. 

I haven't blogged on here in a while and I know the few that I did do weren't quite quality. But, understand, that you get busy when you're traveling and some (most) days, after riding your bike 100+ miles, typing a post on your phone is the least appealing thing you can imagine. When I get done riding I wanna kick it. Find some food, some cold drink, and put my feet in the air. This is just a little 'I'm alive' post and 'this is where I am' post. In the past month in a half I have met countless countless people. Incredible strangers. People I never would have otherwise met if I hadn't perched my butt in the saddle every day with manifest destiny in mind. The scenery has been incredible and some of the days have been real challenges. But there are stories behind it all. I'm hoping to catch up on all of it once I get to Seattle. Maybe I can sit down for a few days and write it all out for y'all. Write it out decently too, not this drabness of late. Then you can have the stories, and then, hopefully, you'll decide to buy a bike and go for a ride as well! 

Just a teaser photo 

Planning to make it to Seattle in 3-4 days, Real stories to come after that I hope. 

Be happy everyone!

Beacon 

No comments:

Post a Comment