Search This Blog

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Random hitchings

The next few days of my Irish adventure were spent distracting Shauna from an essay she was working on for college. Also spent exploring the town of Galway that I do enjoy very much. The whole place is gorg and the people are friendly and happy. We'd done a lot around the town and it's been fantastic so far. 

Shauna

Graffiti done right

 Galway bay

I got to meet Shauna's mother and father and sibilings and uncle and they're all just as incredible. I've been having a good time going to laughing yoga with Nigel and just generally having fun, but still needed to do some sightseeing away from the town. So yesterday (really the day before, but I woke up too late to take action that day) I decided to try and hitch to the cliffs of Moher, these grand cliffs that people come to see. They sound awesome to me! Well I hiked outta the town center to start me hitching and was just starting to work it when a girl walks up holding a sign for Sligo. I didn't know where that was but we got to chatting and became friends. I threw my plans out the window and me and her teamed up for the day. She's from Holland and I can't pronounce her name let alone spell it. She's my kind of person though, ye know? The kind that school sucks the soul from. So we're both off traveling and livin' life instead of wasting out days away building up debt. And it was a blast. I was headed North now very unexpectedly and we got rides no problem. Two rides and we were nearly to the top of Ireland in this quaint little surfing spot. 

Bundoran


Surfers

We had a grand time there. Bondoran is a sound place, real quaint and quiet this time of year. We had a little adventure there and it was a blast. Went out for pints that night and had that freeflowing connection people only get when traveling.

Girl from Holland

I slept in my tent on the beach that night 'cause we all know I'm a hobo at heart and she, being a lil' classier, stayed at a hostel.

Good times stealthing

And then I hitched back to Galway in the morn'! Took six rides and not long at all. Gary the Vegan Surfer, an older guy, Pat, Fergison, Noel, Michael, and then the last guy who's name I couldn't say. It was a blast, never waited more than 15 minutes and had a blast. Now I'm back in Galway 'bout to meet Shauna and some of her mates for some pints and it's just all grand :)




Be happy y'all! 

Beacon Bell


1 comment: