Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Gorge

There is just too much to tell. Too much. I dunno how to do it. So much happens in such a short amount of time. I can't even begin to write it all and make it sound as good as it really is. But basically, Ireland is gorge. It's sound. It's incredible! I don't even really want to leave ye know? Okay. Where do I start. It seems like I blogged only a few days ago.... But maybe not? Lemme try to tell it to you all straight and rapid fire like with a lot'o'photos and exclamations. Will that work? I'm not sure, but I'm going to try :)

I hitched back to Galway from Bonduran and had a grand day chillen' about the town before I met up with Shauna and her friends. We were just going out for one drink really and then it turned into a giant ordeal of a party and I want to explain it all and where we went and what we did and how I don't even remember most of it, but it'd take ages so just know that it was amazing. 

One of the many photos that night

And the next day was spent sleeping in and doing nada to get ready for Halloween. That morning I got an email from Holland (Cato, the girl I met hitching) and it contained one of the sweetest messages I've ever read. She said: "Me and another guy from the hostel went up to the beach today with 3 surfboards and wetsuits to surprise you with a free surfing lesson... But we didn't see a tent" and that is like one of the cooler things anyone'd ever done for me but I'd left kind of early that morning :(... I wish so badly I could of caught some waves with you Cato!! Maybe in Spain ;)....

Anyways, this was Halloween. We were kind of skagged (is that how you use it?) and hung over from the night before so we didn't know what we'd do. Ended up I was Dorthy, Lorna was Mexican, Shauna was a pirate, and Chloe was a gypsy

Gorge

And we went out and had another night much like the night before. Met up with Darragh, Robin, and Mike in their castaway group costume and had a freakin' ball. Next day was spent much the same as the day before. Lying in bed watching the new season of Doctor Who, talk about dreams coming true!! It was incredible. Then another day later it was off to climb Croagh Patrick. A holy pilgrimage Saint Patrick did back in the day. We got rained and hailed on, but got a great view at the top regardless. 



Another incredible experience. Next day is today and I was off hitching, determined to make it to the cliffs. First ride was from a young and adorable 19. year old girl named Mason haha. She was a blast. Next up was Conner, then Dimphnah, and then Richy. Richy incredibly sound enough and took me by his house, fed me, made me tea, and we hung out and he offered to let me stay at his for a couple weeks and borrow his bike to ride around! Amazing guy, but I kept on for the day, maybe to return, and got a ride from McFlynn to the cliffs. Breathtaking is all I'll say.  




Then hitched with two other folk before Patrick and Melissa collected me and dropped me in Limerick where I'll most likely be tonight. Like I said, a lot is going down haha.


Be happy,

Beacon 

No comments:

Post a Comment