Search This Blog

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Frankfurt to Stuttgart

Frankfurt was awesome. More specifically, hanging out with Mike and Jan again was awesome. I love their humor and they are just such fun people. I know it seems like I didn't do a lot in Frankfurt, but that's because I didn't haha. Me and Mike definitely spent a few days where we didn't really leave the house at all except to go to the bakery on the corner. And it was awesome. There are many things in this world that are extremely underrated, and doing nothing on vacation is one of them. A lot of people get all planny and try to map it all out before hand with bundles of activities and sights to see. While that can be nice, it's not often relaxing ye know? It's just more stress of I've got to get here for this and there for that. No fun. Vacation is for relaxing and then if you're feeling a little adventurous after some relaxation go for it. Go out there and adventure. But you gotta be careful or you'll come back from vacation more exhausted than when you left haha. In sum, my advice is to leave more things up in the air :)


Jan

So Jan has this pony farm. And it was awesome. Just the variety of horses/ponies he had was awesome.We Spent part of a night there and I got to meet his son, a super adorable kid. After the pony farm we went out to eat some typical German food and drink. After summoning our inner hiker hunger we were all so stuffed we could hardly move by the end of it. Bliss. 

I had a great time in Frankfurt and was sad to see it go, but time :(... Next off is Stuttgart! I found an €8 bus ticket and jumped on that since I've become lazy in my old age. Why off to Stuttgart? Well I was off to see an old high school teacher of mine. If I'm on this side of the world I may as well visit some people! I got to meet her husband and we had a great lunch at a thai food resturaunt. And, even though it was brief, it was so good to see you again!! 


I decided to stay the night in Stuttgart with a couchsurfer I'd found. He turned out to be super cool, as was his Chilean roommate and his other couchsurfer who is a girl from Russia! Of course I stayed up waaay to late to get out at a reasonable hour today, so it's some more chill time before I go off into the wild blue yonder tomorrow.

Be happy,

Beacon

No comments:

Post a Comment