Search This Blog

Friday, June 6, 2014

Crazy Frogg and Beyond

I woke up the other day at Liz's place. Liz was the friend of the friend of the friend of the friend who is my best friend. Complicated, but whatever. She is awesome enough to let me stay at hers while I waited for Crazy Frogg!

Liz

 
And I didn't know when Crazy Frogg was going to show up, but when she finally did it was like a dream. Really, I wasn't even sure it was real life. All of a sudden she was just standing there. This wonderfully magnificent girl that I hiked over 500 miles with. This amazingly adventurous and kind person that I love and miss was there in front of me. And we hugged. And then we hugged again. And it was a lot of I can't believe this, but it's real!! And damn did I miss that girl. We drove to her house while catching up and she gave me the most amazing gift anyone has every given me. Once, about a year ago, Crazy and I stealth camped together in Hot Springs North Carolina. We had a true bonding moment that night when we cowboyed it (slept under the stars) out there. We were both laying there looking up, listening to Old Pine, when a shooting star went by. And we both saw it and from then on we were destined to be best friends. And she learned that song on guitar for me (no easy feat). She did it for me when she heard I was coming. Oh my gosh I love you Crazy Frogg. After that we went hiking like good ol' times with her roommate Baer.

 
Crazy Frogg

 
Crazy Frogg and Baer

 
Before coming back to her place and just hanging out all night. She taught me some ukulele and banjo. Which cleared up a lot about how a stringed instrument works for me because before I just thought some magic was going down.

 
Ukulele
 
 
We just hung out all night and it was so amazing seeing her that there is no way I can make y'all understand through this. Just know that it was. And then the next day, early, she dropped me off and I was on my way North.
 

Crazy Frogg
 
 
My first hitch took about 2 minutes. Lee picked me up on his commute to Roanoke. 


Lee

An awesome guy. It didn't take long to get a ride from Derrick and Ben who just took me to a better spot.


Derrick and Ben
 
 
And now, awesomeness. At this spot a truck pulls over to pick me up. And it's Joe, the owner of Four Pines hostel! I know this guy!! I got picked up by someone I know!!! I think that's crazy. He was taking three AT thru hikers up to Waynesboro and I got to pretend like I was back on trail for a while :)


Joe, Booshie, Swamp Donkey, and Denali (sorry if names are misspelt)
 
 
I got dropped in what should of been a good spot, but wasn't. So an hour later I finally got picked up by Lee (a different one) and dropped in a even worse spot. 


Lee
 
 
I definitely got bored and called some people. But another hour later Austin picked me up! Austin was awesome, he organizes blood drives and gave me one of the t-shirts they always hand out as well as buying me a slurpee. What a good guy!! 


Austin
 
 
Finally at a good spot it didn't take long for Roger to pick me up quickly followed by a ride from Roy. 


Roger


Roy
 
 
Both great guys. Roy lost his wife about 8 years ago and he told me all about her (Donna). And they way he talked about her. Oh my God the way he talked about her. I have never, in my entire life, met someone who loved anyone as much as Roy loved Donna. Love was just pouring from his stories about her and it was beautiful. It was so beautiful I almost cried. It was amazing. He dropped me off where I needed to take my final road to Leesburg VA and I got grabbed by Landon. Another great guy who gave me his number and told me to come stay with him anytime! What awesome people. But he dropped me right where I needed to be so I can see one of my other best friends Mister Frodo. Me and him hiked about 1000 miles together. That's a lot of miles to walk with someone. And I cannot wait to see him tonight!!


Landon


Beee happy everyone!

Beacon :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment