Search This Blog

Monday, June 9, 2014

I try to walk away and I Stumbles

Today I got to see Amy, Ella, and Claire. Amy is a trail angel married to Bill (a trail angel as well as thru hiker) and I love them both dearly as they helped me so much during my Appalachian Trail experience. Amy picked me up in Beacon (which is sort of becoming a tradition for me) NY today and took me back to her house where she made me waffles! Amy, I love your waffles. You are the waffle master. And I will always stop by just for waffles. We talked and laughed and hung out before we went to surprise her daughter Claire at school (her other daughter Ella had been with us this whole time). And then she took me over into Connecticut where I awaited the Stumbles....

 
Amy, Claire, and Ella 

 
I love you Bill and Amy. You're generosity and kindness is unmatched. You're always there for me and I love y'all for it. After driving to where Stumbles was to meet us I got my socks replaced for free (go Darn Toughs). Stumbles walked into the EMS (the REI of the East coast) me and Amy were meeting her at. As soon as I saw her I was running while negotiating the aisles full of merchandise and we met in the middle and hugged and there was air time and I love you Stumbles. I said goodbye to Amy and me and Stumbles were off. I would tell you details, but you don't really care. And let's be honest. There is nothing in or out of this world that could possess me  to create the right words that could possibly describe the bond between me and Stumbles. It's not just that we walked around each other for hundreds of miles. Hell no that's not all we have that bonds us. It's that we both walked 2200 miles, Springer to Katahdin, and summited together. We bonded more than just friends. More than best friends. We are undyingly life long friends that love each other. And we ate and we drank and we talked and we reminisced and nothing I can say on this blog will make you realize the emotions released that I experienced with Stumbles. Because she is a unique soul and I will always remember her and always cherish the memories I've created with her. And I will always come back to visit her. If I was Doctor Who and I had a companion I would choose her every time. Yeah Rose Tyler I loved you, but that Stumbles....

 
Stumbles
 

Stumbles I wish I could stay longer. And tonight was one of the best of my life. I love you dearly. Come adventure with me. Seriously though, anytime. Call me up and I'll follow through. And give me 5 years and I'll be on your exact page ;) 
Love ya'

 
Be happy all, 

Beacon 

No comments:

Post a Comment