Search This Blog

Thursday, June 12, 2014

So, I'm in Florida

After a night in a five star McD's I decided to try to hitch to the small town my South Carolina family lives in. I got one ride a bit down the road with Joe.

 
Joe

 
I didn't want to waste my day trying to hitch to a small town though so I called my Uncle and an hour later he picked me up. I got to spend a full day with family I haven't seen in 4 years and I'm excited I made it down there! Wasn't quite expecting that. 

 
The fam 

 
Uncle Tony graciously picked me, Uncle Darby let me stay at his, and Uncle Danny dropped me off. Thanks to all of you for your awesomeness. It was great seeing you all!! Danny dropped me off on I-95 and I started South again. Now you know what I really love? I really love it when people ask me if I need a ride. I don't have to do any of the work sometimes. So, Rachel drove by me and asked that question I get all day long. "Are you a murderer?" I love that. Of course I'm not, and then I was on my way to Savannah with her and her two young boys Isiah and Jeremiah. 

 
 Rachel

 
She dropped me off at a great spot where I met two fellow Texans that took me just past Jacksonville.

 
Florida!

 
Royce and Nancy

 
As they drove away two people pulled up in a van and were like "whoa, what just happened there? Did they just drop you off?" and I told 'em the whole story. They weren't headed anywhere but gave me a peach and some water. I then thumbed it outta there with Lisa.

 
Lisa

 
Followed by Patrick.
 
Patrick

Patrick was super awesome and gave me soup :) Tim picked me up quickly after in a super nice car and then dropped me off at a slow exit. 
Tim
 
Where I waited around for an hour then walked four miles to, you guessed it, McD's! Hoping to get a ride out of here since it's too dark to thumb. If not I'll stealth or tinder a stealth near here :)

Be happy,

Beacon


No comments:

Post a Comment