Search This Blog

Monday, June 2, 2014

Wow do I have the best of friends

Wow, just wow. I've got to say it. Wow. Awesomeness has just been going down.

We will start with the morning. I woke up at Flip's house right? His awesome wife made us some farm fresh scrambled eggs and pancakes. It was great. I helped Flip with some baby goats'n'such again and then off me and Chip went. We drove a little over an hour South to meet up with Dassah! Sadly though, she decided not to join me. But we had a great time with Dassah and her family. Saw Snake Alley and some other stuffs. But Dassah, you will be missed. You will be missed greatly on this adventure.

 
Flip and his wife :) 

 
Snake Alley
 
 
After a super chill day we decided to drive the last bit to Bloomington Illinois where I we were to meet my amazing friend Steve. Now lemme' tell you a story about Steve that I didn't know. This one time I was on a train to Chicago just chillen', bored out of my mind, when Steve got on the train. Apparently he looked around and thought to himself "who do I want to sit by who won't want to talk so I can read my book" and that's how he landed on the young hippie kid. Of course we ended up talking and bonding on this couple hour train ride. I kept up with him every once in awhile, but just know that I have only met him once before this. So me and Chip show up at Steve's place and holy s*** is this place amazing. Like damn, it is amazing. One of the nicer places I have ever stayed in. And Steve is there, and we are just like old friends. Steve grills up this super nice dinner for us and is just über good. Well Steve takes me out to some bars for the Blackhawks game (hockey). Now everyone who knows me also knows that I don't give two craps about sports. BUT, tonight was different. Maybe it was the atmosphere, or maybe 'cause I'd had a few, but I cared. I cared if they won or not and it was fun. Like really fun. Steve knew everyone in all the bars basically. Why did he know everyone? Because he's freakin' awesome. And then we went back to his place and sat on the front porch talking and sippin' on some drinks 'til at least 2 in the morning. With this guy I had met once on a train over a year ago. He gave Chip his bed to sleep in and me the spare bedroom. He woke up early and made us some more amazing food. And to end this incredible stay he played on his baby grand for us. Beautiful. Beautiful. Beautiful. Steve, I love ya', and you're awesome. I'll be back to see you. Keep it up 
 
 
Steve

 
 
Steve playing for us
 
 
Holy crap y'all be happy,

Beacon




1 comment:

  1. Thanks Harrison! You're way too kind. REALLY enjoyed have you visit and can't wait until you can come back for a longer visit. Love you too buddy!

    ReplyDelete