Search This Blog

Sunday, June 8, 2014

East Coast Love

Hello there again. I feel like so much has happened in the past few days, and just on this trip in general, that my brain is having trouble processing all the things that have happened and all the people I've met. What's beautiful about this lifestyle isn't just the people you meet and the places you go. Don't get me wrong, it is important. It's a large part of it. But what this lifestyle is to me is not just that. It's liberation. It's freedom to do whatever you want, whenever you want. Following that thing I say in almost every other sentence, it's no worries. Everyone hears me say that because it's true to me. It's true that it's all no worries. It's all relaxed and it's all love. Meeting the people that you've never seen once in your life who take you in and feed you and house you and confide in you. There's a wonder in meeting someone you'll never meet again because you can truly open up without being afraid of being judged and without worrying about being silly in front of them because you'll never see them again. And you're instantly best friends even though a short car ride later you'll be split forever. I see this in a lot of my rides, I become more intimately connected to these people than the people who have been their friends for years. It's just incredible. I do what I do because I love the places. Because I love the people. And because I love the freedom. It's truly inspiring to see the best sides of humanity and there is nothing that can compare to meeting all the incredibly kind and generous people you do when doing something such as this. I just love it. I really do.

I waited in McD's for Mister Frodo to come get me in Leesburg. Me and him hiked a long ways together. Maybe even 1000 miles. We summited Katahdin together. We went through some shit together. And I couldn't wait to see him. When he finally did roll around he was lookin' so fly. Man, Mister Frodo showed up in a suit and tie, way different than the Frodo I know, but that's what happens in law school I suppose. And it was so nice to see him. He took me back to the place he is staying at for the summer which was immaculate. Just perfect. It looked like every pebble was placed in it's respective spot for a reason. 

 Beautiful country home

 
I got to meet the family he was staying with who were so kind to let me stay there too. We sat around and chatted which was great because they had done all this sort of stuff when they were young. So they understood the whole thing. And they took us out to dinner at this super fancy place (at least it was to me) and it was great. Thanks so much Susan and Patrick for your kindness and good wishes!! Y'all are great!! Me and Frodo went on a night walk that night through the fire flies and talked and it was just a good time. I thought it was magical, and it always is seeing someone you love and haven't been around in a while. You go Mister Frodo! 

 
Patrick and Susan

 
The next morning me and Frodo just hung out then drove to pick up his girlfriend from the train station near DC. I got to meet her and I approve. Then I was on the road again! Workin' my magic!

 
Mister Frodo and his girl :)

 
It was about half an hour before Peter picked me up, and being the kind soul he is he took me way farther than where I was going, taking the time out of his day to help me out. You da' bomb Peter! 

 
Peter

 
Through Maryland and now into PA I was getting close to Gettysburg, the destination for the day. Standing on the side of the highway, with cars blowing past me, I hear a honk from the turn around lane and there's Mike waving me over. I run across the highway, throw my bag in the trunk, and hop in. Mike was a great guy. He works the cranes on high rises. Which is awesome!! He was so nice and is looking for a different lifestyle more like mine. So, Mike, I wish you all the blessings and luck in the world in your quest to find yourself. Hit me up anytime you need anything. And again, he took me out of his was to take me into Gettysburg!

 
Mike!

 
He dropped me off where Phys Ed was coming to pick me up! I was so excited to see Phys Ed again and catch up with him. He is an awesome guy I hiked l part of trail with. Big hugs when I first saw him and then we headed off to his house. I got to meet his son and see his wife again. What I didn't know is that is wife is actually the President of Gettysburg college. Which is completely legit. So the live in a sort of mansion....

 
From the backyard

 
Which is amazing!!! And so we hung out and he invited Sequoia over (someone else I met hiking) and we all talked about hiking and such. It was a great time catching up. Phys Ed and his wife were headed to Lancaster and gave me a ride there. They had a dinner reservation at the same place my friend Lost'n'found works which is a crazy coincidence because it was definitely a city, not a small town. 

 
 Phsy Ed and Sequoia 

 
And when I first saw Lost'n'found it was a blast from the past. It was a hug, and a damn good one at that. Full of emotion and happiness and it was awesome. I swear she was tearing up a bit ;)... We were both so happy to see each other!! I hung out a while and said goodbye to Phys Ed and his wife before Lost'n'found let me drive her car to her parents so I could hang out then pick her up later.

 
Phys Ed and his wife

 
Driving! 

 
And Lost'n'found's family was so nice and so accommodating. Some of the nicest people ever. So thank y'all so much for your help and everything! I love you all! That whole night and the next morning was spent reminiscing and planning for the future. I love you Lost'n'found (Glinda) and hope to see you in Peru!! 

 
 Lost'n'found's parents 

 
Lost'n'found

 
And she dropped me off at the train station where I spent the most money I've spent so far this trip on a train into the city. New York City, here I come.

Be happy :),

Beacon Bell 

No comments:

Post a Comment