Search This Blog

Monday, June 9, 2014

New York New York

I don't know why I've ended up in New York City every time I'm in the area, but I have. This time I came in specifically to see Lauren and Sierra (twin sisters). I love these two so much, and we're all from Austin, but it seems I only ever see them at the randomest times and in the randomest places (at least for me). And that's awesome. It's the coolest thing seeing people you know all over the world. I still remember hanging with them in London and how great that was. But anyways, I got to NYC without a hitch (get it? 'cause I took a train instead of hitching! Well, I think it's funny).

The city!

 
On my way I met a wonderful woman named Florence who invited me to come visit her the next time I was in PA! Super nice of her, and hopefully I get back this way. 

 
Florence

 
I was hanging in NYC waiting for the game plan to be texted to me. Decided to take a walk through Times Square and up to Central Park (I've no idea what I should or shouldn't be capitalizing). 

 
 NY stuff

 
Lots'o'people

 
Look! A park!

 
Big globe

 
Sierra texted me to meet them at their place and I got a fun subway adventure (not the sandwich shop) to Brooklyn. Now I didn't know this, but apparently this day was like Puerto Rico pride day and this neighborhood went all out for it. I swear to God I walked through some Narnia portal in the NE and ended up on an island (credit for that wording to Ariel ;)). 

 
  Puerto Rico!!

 
And then I got to see Sierra and Lauren! And hugs all around! Had a nice chill time, which was fabulous because every once in a while I need some chill time. That night we watched the Tony's which I didn't even know what they were. But it was a blast because all the people there were theatre people and I feel like that just made the atmosphere so much different. It was awesome, and I loved it.
 

Sierra and Lauren

And then, before I knew it, I was up the next morning and walkin' in the rain. back to the subway. Then, right after I bought my ticket, I was walking by this girl who dropped like 5 bucks in quarters. I stopped to help her pick 'em up and she ended up just giving 'em all to me. Probably because she thought I was homeless. But oh well. I'm off to Beacon, NY now and waving goodbye to the city.

Bye city! And be happy.

Beacon

No comments:

Post a Comment