Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

I still swear by McDs

Stumbles packed me a cute little lunch to take with me on my way South. I had no idea where I would make it to today, but Stumbles (being the amazing friend she is) took me a good three hours out of her way so I could properly stage myself. Really, you're too good to me Stumbles. When it was finally time for her to drop me and head back for work. I tried to say goodbye and I choked. I tried to walk away and I Stumblesed. But a selfie and a hug later she was gone.

Stumbles

 
I was on my own again. But it only took about 5 minutes before Tony picked me up. And 5 minutes is a great wait time for hitching. Like up there with the pros. 

 
Tony

 
Tony took me a good ways and dropped me at an awesome spot. I took the next ride I got here (another 5 minute wait time) and realized I may had made a mistake. Not because of the people, Butch and Sam were great, but because they only took me 5 miles to an awful hitching spot.

 
Butch and Sam

 
This is where I find it kind of hard not to believe in fate while hitching. I was stuck at this spot for three hours. Three freakin' hours. I did all I could, pulled out all the stops, but nothing. I eventually put in my headphones and just jammed there on the side of the road for a while. I mean my thumb was freakin' sore from holding it out there so long. Holy crap that's crazy. But if I hadn't been stuck there for three hours I never would of ended up where I ended today... So I finally got a ride out from Dave which was a Godsend.

 
Dave

 
And he got me to a good spot with another 5 minute turn around.

 
Danny 

 
Danny picked me up and was going to Lancaster PA. I was tempted to go back to Lost'n'founds, but I was on a mission. 

 
Brian

 
Brain grabbed me next and staged me perfectly in front of Harrisburg PA at a city of a truck stop. I went around and asked all the truckers, no luck. So what do I do? I go sit in McD's. And who do I see just hanging around McD's? I see Adam, I talk to Adam, and me and Adam become friends. Adam is an amazing musician. He plays cello and drums and just got his first real album together. Adam Maalouf, check him out. Adam was going all the way to Greenville South Carolina, but he needed someone to help him drive. And so, a lot of driving and switching spots and drinking coffee I am in Greenville, South Carolina thanks to McD's. But that's not all, it's storming here right? So what do I do? Where do I stay? 24 hour McD's of course. Bash McD's all you want, but it's my freakin' Mount Olympus. 

 
 Adam

 
Hopefully I don't get kicked out haha.

Be happy,

Beacon 

No comments:

Post a Comment