Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Thanks for the memories

Driving the three hours from Bloomington to Indianapolis was bittersweet. I knew I would be moving on, but I would no longer be with Chip. Me and him had been together for over a week now and we have bonded irreversibly. It was a beautiful kind of experience becoming such good friends with someone who had been known to me so little. Chip's kindness, willingness to help, and desire to be my friend made him a uniquely incredible person. Chip, I will miss you, but I'm sure our paths will cross again at some point. Before I left Chip gave me a magnet he had gotten for me at a gift shop and he forced $50 upon me even though I tried to refuse. You're the best Chip. That brought he total cost of this trip down to basically $0 which is pretty incredible in itself. Saying goodbye to Chip was sad, picking up all my stuff that I had scattered around the car throughout our trip. We hugged goodbye. We shook hands. And then we hugged again. Keep in touch Chip and thanks for the memories.

 
Goodbye Chip

 
After sadly leaving Chip I went over to the onramp and thrust out my thumb, it was kind of strange not having to do this for an entire week. Not too long after Skip pulled over and picked me up. He used to hitch a lot and we basically talked about how it has changed.

 
Skip

 
I got stuck where he dropped me off, about 10 miles from Louisville for about an hour mostly because a sheriff kicked me off the on ramp (which I'm pretty sure was totally legal). But I ended up getting a ride from Megan on her way to work. She dropped me off near the bridge over to Kentucky and Louisville. 

 
Megan
 
 
I was starting to think I wasn't going to make it to Danville, my destination for the night, because I was in the downtown of a large city. It was gonna be hours of walking to get out. So I started walking with my thumb out kind of sarcastically because I didn't actually expect someone to get me. I was going for about 5 minutes before Reagan and Brandon pulled over for me. Two awesome people who were incredibly and awesomely nice. They had no plans for what to do that night and decided they would drive me the hour or so all the way to Danville for their nights event! I hope I can get back around here and actually hang out with them sometime! 
 
 

Brandon & Reagan (plus photobombing dog)
 
 
Thank you both for being so nice!! They dropped me off at the home of Christi who lives with her sister Phillie. I haven't seen Christi in at least 5 years. We used to go to high school together. And a lot changes in that amount of time, it was basically meeting a new person altogether! They have a beautiful place where they take care of 4 horses. That night was pretty great full of laying in a hammock by the creek, riding bikes into town for tea, and watching the lightning bugs as day faded to night. 
 

Chrisit


Horsey
 
 
The next morning we woke up and had an awesome breakfast. Then me and Christi went off to explore the battlefield nearby and the river. Now I want to make a few points here. First, driving with music blasting and the windows down on  a warm sunny day is a beautiful thing. Second, taking naps in sunny fields of grass is way underrated. And third, there is something special in a person you can hang out with and not always feel pressured to talk. It's just great because a lot of people I meet just want me to talk to them the whole time. Which is great, I love it, but I just get tired of it sometimes. And this was the perfect 0 day for me while I thought about how to move on. And I would love to describe how much I enjoyed today, but it's impossible for me to do that. So just think of an amazingly incredible day, add a little more awesome, and then you have my day. Thank you Christi and Phille for all the good times! I've had fun here and look forward to seeing y'all down the road!! 

 
Grassy fields where dreams come true

Be happy,

Beacon 


No comments:

Post a Comment