Search This Blog

Sunday, June 1, 2014

The Good Life

I think Chip is really enjoying my company. I know that I would of gone freakin' nuts if I had to drive all this way alone, which is probably why he decided to take me with him. But how do I know he really likes me? Well we were driving through Kansas and Chip isn't as used to the way I travel. He normally sets up in a hotel for the night you know? I can tell he is getting tired of roughing it though. But he decides he's gonna take me out to a nice dinner. Why? Well because he says he just wants to take me out to a nice place and see me enjoy it. How nice is that? It's is just incredible. We go to this fly Italian place in Salina and it was so damn good. I loved it. Chip then decides he's gonna put us up for the night in a hotel. So we end up staying at this super nice hotel too. And he's just super excited to have me with him. We really have become good friends on this. And he's glad I've saved him five nights of lodging so far (six after tomorrow). All in all it was a great night.


The next day we headed through Kansas City on our way to my great friend Flips house in Iowa! 

 
Kansas City 

 
Kansas City was alright ya' know? Des Moines was interesting too. But I was really just excited to see my good ol' pal Flip. I met Flip on the Appalachian Trail last year. And he is amazing. And we finally roll up to Flip's house around 5. And this place is awesome!! Flip owns a farm and he has animals. I find this super exciting for some reason and we get a grand tour which I will now tell through pictures. 

 
Goats

Horse and baby horse (5 days old)

Chicken defending egg

Me eggnapping said chickens egg

Flip feeding baby goats (I did too)

Princess & I ( I <3 goats )

 
And that's basically how the tour went. Was pretty awesome. I got to meet all of Flip's children, his wife, and his mother in law. All of which are amazing! We had a huge fish fry which was amazing. And just sat out on his porch drinking beer. How much better can it get? Then Flip gets a message from a friend. And this comes as a shock to me, but apparently his friend reads this blog. And he came over and I got to meet him and his wife too!! So a big shout out to (sorry if I don't spell y'alls names correctly) John and Loralee!!! It was fabulous meeting y'all two and I'm glad you made it over for a little! But I jut really enjoyed sitting there. Just sitting on the porch with friends I've known and friends I've just met. Sitting in the cool night with lightning in the distance and lightning bugs spread around. Some nights are just good. Too good really. And those are the nights that you know, and you know it when you're doing it, you know you'll remember those nights for a long time. And you'll look back on that night and be like damn. Damn my life is good. And it'll make you happy. 



Me, John, & Loralee
 
 
Beeee happy,

Beacon

No comments:

Post a Comment